Investment in the CBD campus will:
- Underpin CDU’s competitiveness as a university that’s attractive to international and domestic students
- Facilitate greater engagement between the university, business, government and innovators
- Strengthen our ability to meet the future needs of Territorians.
The Darwin City Deal is a joint initiative between the Australian Government, the Northern Territory Government (NTG) and City of Darwin to design a 10-year plan for the Darwin City Centre that sets a long-term and sustainable vision for the future.
A new state-of-the-art campus in the City
The masterplanning process has established through targeted stakeholder engagement a shared vision for the CDU Education and Community Precinct.
World Class Student Experience
- An enjoyable place where students feel at home
- Attractive, inspiring shared spaces
- Adaptable for collaborative teaching and learning
- Enabling pathways to employment and enterprise
- Thriving trees and plant life
- Innovative tropical architecture demonstrating leadership
- Cooling the city
- Promoting bush tucker and urban agriculture
Welcoming and connected
- Attractive and flexible meeting spaces for occupants and visitors
- Catering for all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Permeable at ground level, connecting surrounding streets
- Transparent spaces fostering a safe neighbourhood
- Deeply rooted in Larrakia Country, celebrating diverse cultures
- Enriching and sharing knowledge – representing early education
- Revitalising the city’s traditional education and community precinct
- A creative, outward-looking learning community
Iconic and vibrant
- Landmark architecture revitalising Darwin’s civic heart
- Showcasing leading research and innovation
- Diverse cultural, business and educational activity day and night
- Community involvement in creative and cultural events
Current planning for the site is based on the following functions re-locating to the new campus
Note: this list may be subject to change through ongoing planning processes.